Saturday, October 26, 2013

September 9, 2013

Shout out to JOE HOGGE!! WOOT WOOT!! Happy birthday big bro!! You are basically an old geyser now hehe. Anyways....
 
Family and friends,
 
Wow. This week has been something else. Definitely one of the craziest, most spiritual, different weeks I have ever had in the mission.
 
Sounds like all is well back home. I loved mom's email. She always fills me with so much joy due to her love for helping others understand the gospel. I'm glad everything is going well with Isabel. Its great to have good fellowshippers, but good friends are what these returning members truly need. And I can see that mom plays that role for her.
(mom, as for the package:quarters, burts bees chap stick, beef jerky, oreos and whatever else your heart desires... or feels that my heart would desire haha)
 
I couldn't help but notice on facebook that a certain brunette sister of mine got signed by a literary agent or something like that? I dont think I truly understand what that means, but it sounds pretty darn cool haha. When do I get to read that book sarah??
 
This is the last week of the transfer. I have a small feeling that I might have to get packing for next transfer, but knowing how good I am at guessing these sort of things I'm probably wrong. So with that logic I could probably safely say that I am staying haha. (obviously I have no idea) But I would absolutely love to finish my mission here with elder heagren. He and this area have been so good for me.
 
So about this past week. Each month we have a meeting called Zone Training Meeting (ZTM). Because we are the zone leaders, we get to prepare these ZTMs for the zone. Its one of my favorite meetings in the mission. Usually these meetings are derived from what president teaches us zone leaders in the prior week's mission leadership counsel. And we got to teach on the Atonement. Oh boy was that an experience. I've noticed that usually the best insight comes not from those giving the workshop, but all the others participating. This workshop was a spiritual feast! Elder Heagren and I helped everyone get a 360 degree view on the Atonement. Thats what prez had taught us. So as we were talking about how they felt about the atonement, we could feel the spirit enter the room. As we dug further into how Mary, mother of Jesus, must've felt, emotions stirred. Then as we spoke of how Christ and even Heavenly Father felt everyone's hearts in the room just completely melted. There were very few dry eyes in the room (darn allergies haha). This experience gave me such greater appreciation for what our Lord has done for us. I will forever have a better outlook on what the atonement means to me and to others.
 
As September comes to an end, so does the three month baptismal goal of our district. Lets just say we have a ways to go. Our wonderful District Leader Elder Rogers comissioned a fast for the past sunday that we may receive divine help to accomplish this promise we have made to the Lord. Basically, I know that fasting works!! In previous weeks, our district has averaged maybe 1 or 2 investigators at church. Last sunday, 7 nonmembers came to church, 2 being people that had come on there own. One was a lady named Norma. Apparently, she has a friend in Argentina that told her that she should go to church. So she found the closest one and came here!! That was no coincidence that it happend on our day of fast. Our lovely sisters will be teaching her.
 
I have seen such great miracles on the mission. I cant believe I only have little over a transfer left. This has been so good for me.
 
I love you all. Hope your week is fantastic!!
 
Love, Elder Hogge

No comments:

Post a Comment