Saturday, October 26, 2013

October 7, 2013

Family and Friends,
 
Wasn't conference AMAZING?????? Oh man there is just something about the mission that fuels your desire to wring every bit of inspiration and knowledge out of conference. I am so glad I have gained this love for g-con on the mission (not that I didn't love it before) and it will certainly aid me for the rest of my life. I learned a lot of fantastic things and I am so privileged to have had the companionship of the Holy Ghost whispering to me all I can do to improve. I hope you all got out of conference as much as I! (Exclamation Point!)
 
As for another exclamation point..... HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABY LOUISA!! I got soooo happy when I saw the picture of Papa Joe, Mama Ju, and Baby Louisa on facebook! It was quite the surprise :) That girl looks like a darling. (judging by one of joey's posts I saw, she is already ruining shirts!!) I cant wait to meet that girl... along with the all-grown-up Trudy too! 2 years sure does a lot.
 
This week was really good. Elder Pincock is doing great!!! He is feeling super good and pumped about the mission now. I am so glad that I have been able to be an example to him. To me, there really is nothing like being a strong positive influence on the life of someone else. We truly enjoy working together and I hope that he can retain this attitude throughout his entire mission. OOH! We had a funny conversation this week. We were talking about the west coast, and his family used to live there. So naturally I asked him, what part? And he replied, "something like Monticello.... Mondasillo... something like that." It clicked in my mind and I screamed "MENDOCINO1?!?!?!??!!!!?!?"...... getting an odd look from him, he nodded in agreement. I went on to tell how much I love that place and how we visit every year. Not very many people in the world know where it is so that truly surprised me. he never lived there but his family did before he was born. (mom, I heard you talked to sister pincock! this could sure be a topic of conversation between you two)
 
As for the rest of the week. Everything is going along just swell. We are still trying to grow our teaching pool. President Krueger is being a saint working with us. We met with him to come up with combined missionary-branch goals for this next quarter. Though I wont be here for all of it, I know that working through the branch will offer the greatest blessings. We are coming up with specific plans we can do to fulfill the goals we have set. Fernando and Karla are doing well, we hope to meet with them more frequently this week. We will be doing some family nights with part member and less active families this week so hopefully we will see some cool stuff come into fruition.
 
I love you all so much!! Your support is astoundingly strengthening in my life. I hope you all have a fantastic week!!
 
Love, Elder Hogge

No comments:

Post a Comment