Saturday, October 26, 2013

October 1, 2013

Family and Friends,
 
Happy October!!! Oh how I love this blessed month. Behind December, I'd have to say it is my favorite :) I can't believe that this is the last month of the mission. Though my time may be winding down, I feel pumped and ready to go!!
 
I saw the video the Robby made of the EG ward missionaries. It was so cool!! I can't help but feel a sense of camaraderie with the other missionaries in the ward. It's so awesome to see how we have all grown up together, and how wonderful the choices are that we are making. I can't wait to meet up with all of them and share our experiences. Thanks Robby!!
 
Its weird to think that all my baby nieces and nephew are all growing up so much. I know I've seen pictures of them getting bigger, but in my mind I still think of them as the little tykes that they were. My last memory of trudy was still being in the womb!! Two years does a lot haha. Mom, I still have that email that you sent about Alice trying to dial me up to talk to me. That was possibly my favorite email I got my entire mission!
 
Riverhead is doing great. We are working with Fernando and Karla. We watched the John Tanner video with them. I love that movie so much!! It is such a strong example of sacrifice and consecration. We also read the story of the widow that fed the prophet with her last portion, thinking she and her son were going to die. I love how both of these stories show that the Lord really will provide if we are willing to sacrifice. Our investigators are praying about the sacrifice that they would have to make to be baptized. We will be having another lesson with them this week.
 
I am becoming very close with our branch president, President Krueger. He is such a patient and enduring man. We have had great opportunities to help him and the branch out over the past couple weeks and through that we have formed a great relationship. I really feel like we have his complete trust and that is doing wonders for us. I love being here!!!
 
Well, this week has been great. There are some slow times, but Elder Pincock and I are really motivated to keep on chuggin. All your wonderful support back home keeps me going strong. Thanks for everything!! I hope you all have a fantastic week!!
 
Love, Elder Hogge

No comments:

Post a Comment