Saturday, October 26, 2013

October 14, 2013

Family and Friends,

Seems like this flash mob video has gone somewhat viral. Good stuff eh? It was even better in person ;) I'm glad so many people are seeing that this is how we share the gospel with these wonderful New Yorkers. This has got to be one of the most interesting missions in the world :) For all those that haven't seen it I'll post it to my timeline. I hope you can all share this video on your facebook to help friends and family (member and non member alike) see how great it is to be in the Lord's work. 

This week was really great. We have been able to do a lot of good teaching. We really reached out to the less actives in the branch. Elder Pincock and I were able to visit with some nice members that have long since been out of the church. I have really learned what the difference is between conversion and testimony here in New York. We've also been able to meet up with some investigators this week. We taught a good amount of lessons, but the tricky thing is really help these investigators progress well. Being in such a tiny branch, the active members are very willing, but there are very few that are usually free to come out with us and be friends with these great investigators. But our branch president, President Krueger, has been wonderful for us. He is really energizing the work here and is being diligent in helping the members understand their responsibilities.

My birthday was great!! We mostly just worked, but I felt the love of all of you on wednesday even though we are so far away. There's no better way to spend a birthday than laboring in the work of the Lord. The following day the senior couple, the Jorgensens, made a nice chocolate cake for me. It was delicious!! Mom, my favorite part about my entire birthday was opening my gift from you. I was stunned at how beautiful that tie is!! I cant wait to wear it when you and dad and willie come to New York and we can do a session in the temple. That tie in an instant jumped up to my favorite tie. thank you so much!! :) Oh, and I would love to speak in our ward on the 10th! Please tell brother Watkins that I accept!!

Well my friends and family, I know I dont have a ton to say but my heart is just bursting with joy and happiness!! I'm excited for these next few weeks and all that is in store for me. Thank you so much for all the support and love you send my way. Love you!!

Love, Elder Hogge

No comments:

Post a Comment