Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Weeks Keep Rollin'

Family and Friends,

My how the days have started to pick up. Preparation days seem to be getting closer and closer to each other. Its so much fun here! Especially with Christmas around the corner. The MTC has even more of a spiritual feel to it. All is well and I am thoroughly enjoying life.

Bradford, I honestly dont remember who sent the last letter between us haha. Soooooo you should just send me a dear elder this week and we will call it good. Pops, thanks for that inspiring testimony. I always always ALWAYS love your updates. Keep them coming.

That story about Alice figuring out the truth behind the ornaments was so funny! Oh the joys of being a two year old. After nawing on so many inedible objects, this chocolate ornament must have been such a nice surprise for little Ally :) I got Sarah's family christmas card. The girls are so beautiful! Their mommy and daddy are doin so well. Oh tell Michael Smith I say congrats!! He had always been such a good example for me as I grew up and I am super excited for him. Mom, thank you so much for that email! I particularly loved Sister Hinckley's story. That is proof right there of how marvelous this work actually is.

The MTC had the very fortunate opportunity of hearing from the BYU Men's Choir on Sunday. That was super mega awesome! I thoroughly enjoyed their performance. This week was Elder Moore's birthday, and he got a nice package of glow-in-the-dark stars. This was quite the legit surprise, and now I can star gaze in my own room at night. What joy :)

I very much dislike to be the bearer of bad news, even if it is my own new, but I will not be calling home this Christmas Holiday. Somethin about there being over 2000 missionaries and not enough phones.... But unfortunately this is how it is.

Just yesterday, in the time between activities walking to a building, my district started chatting about fireplaces. I dunno how they got on the topic, but as they talked about them, I started reflecting on how often we had the fireplace goin when preparing for christmas. This year I will definitely miss a fireplace to sit by. But more importantly, I will miss my family at home who I would sit with watching movies and telling stories as the fireplace is going. (You all should put a picture of me on the couch as you watch A Muppet's Christmas Carol) This year will be a different Christmast for sure, but it will be an awesome Christmas. What is a better way to spend the celebration of our King's birth than dedicating all your time, energy, and talents to Him. Here at the MTC, I have begun to understand what it truly means to be a missionary. I always knew that through the mission I would become a better person, but this only happens by putting others as the focus. The Lord has called me on the mission to be His tool to bless the lives of those who are ready to recieve His blessings. As a tool for Him, my own life will be blessed significantly in ways I have never understood. I know I couldn't be in a better place this holiday season. Family and friends, I love you all so very much. I know that this Gospel is very real, and that it really is the Good News!!! Hope to hear from you all soon :)

Love,
Elder Hogge

No comments:

Post a Comment