Friday, December 9, 2011

Hi!

Hey family and friends!

How goes it? I'm doin great! Everything is going well, no troubles, and its almost Christmas! What could be better?? How is life back home? What are you all doin? Whats new? Do I ask alot of questions? Probably.

Well, not much has happened since I last wrote. I think this has been the quickest week yet. Time is finally starting to pick up a bit. Its crazy to think that I have already been here for a month. All the support from back home definitely makes the MTC an even greater experience! I am so blessed :)

Maw and paw, thank you for the updates. I'm glad to hear that Jackie is finally out of the hospital. She is in my prayers. From what I hear, Trudy and Jack Jack are doin great. Im so glad that we have been blessed with these wonderful babies. It just makes life better eh? I am always looking forward to pictures of these darlings.

Being District Leader is cool. Because I am in the MTC I dont have much responsibility. Elder Taylor Craft is district leader in Colorado and he says its crazy. So I'm glad to have this position when it isnt so consuming. My main responsibilities as district leader are to get the mail everyday and to conduct all meetings for the district. Other than that, I dont really do much. But I know it is very different once I get out into the field.

Mom, I have been LOVING your advent calendar. I got the fruit snacks today :) What a nice little treat. Elder Moore and I have this game we play every night where I get out the present for the next day and we both try to guess what it is by the shape, size, squishyness, and whatnot. So much fun haha.

So yesterday Elder Verhagen and I had an interesting experience. After gym last night, we got back to the room and got ready to take showers. After we left the room to go right to the showers, I told Elder Verhagen he could close the door RIGHT before I realized that neither of us had a key. Well, he followed my instruction, and we successfully locked ourselves out of the room in towels only. I couldn't help but laugh at our unfortunate situation. After trying to breakin in with an elder's credit card, trying to peer thru a vent to get inside, and even some useless prying at the door, we finally just decided it'd be best to have someone call the front desk and get a key. The whole situation just made me laugh. Im glad Heavenly Father allows us to have fun here on the mission :)

Entonces, les amo mi familia y amigos. Ustedes son inspiraciónes para mi. Yo sé que estoy mucho bendicido. Yo testificó que Jesucristo vive y estoy predicando Su Evangelio. Mediante el Expiación, podremos vivir con nuestro Padre Celestial. Estoy muy agradecido por esta oportunidad a servir Jesucristo. Yo sé que a traves de Él, podemos hacer todo. Pues, necesito salir ahora. Yo escribiré en la semana proxima. Les amo.

Con Amor,
Elder Hogge

No comments:

Post a Comment