Saturday, December 31, 2011

Last Email from the MTC!

Family and Friends!!!

This is my last prep day here at the MTC. Excitement is HIGH!!! I am sooooo pumped to get out into the mission field!! Yesterday, all the missionaries departing next week had In Field Orientation. It was a 13 hour learning day full of workshops, missionary experiences, and a fun play at the end. I feel much more prepared for getting out into the field. Whenever we would do roleplays with other missionaries, they commented on how excited I was about the gospel. I cant help but to be enthusiastic when talkin about this wonderful gift from God!!! I hope I can keep this enthusiasm as I stutter to get the right words out in Spanish. But I know the Lord will bless me for my efforts. Yesterday I learned something really cool. Miracles are the natural result of the correct application of true, eternal principals. I know the Lord is going to use me as a tool to accomplish wonderful things. Theres no saying what will actually happen in New York, but I have faith that the work will continue.

Dad, I got your email. I'll try the Visa and if not I'll make a collect call to home. Hearing about the passing of Lari is very sad. I know its hard on the Smith family. I am so grateful for the plan of salvation!!! Having been able to learn about this marvelous plan and teach it to people has really strengthened my testimony on it. I know that she is definitely in a better place now.

Mom, thanks for sharing my music with Grandma West!! I'm so glad that she is proud of me. If she is still around when I get back, I'd LOVE to be able to play some music for her some day. I know she would just love that. About sending things to New York, for now just send everything to the mission office. By now i wouldnt recieve any "Dear Elders" sent to the MTC so dad If you could put my New York address up on the blog that would be great! For now on, send everything to NY cuz I'll only be here till early early monday morning. As far as a NY street address for where Im living, I still have no idea. So by next week I will be able to let you all know where I'll be. Mom, I dunno about the heated blanket yet. If I feel a severe need for one, Ill be sure to letcha know. As far as fast food, I will be more than glad to letcha know where all the fast food places are. I can imagine why you would want to know that mother :) Oh yeah, if you could send more of the Vitamin C gummies that would be fantastic. Theyre actually quite good. And they may have been eaten quicker than usual because others in my district knew how good they were....... Anyways yeah those would be awesome. Oh yeah, my laundry hamper bit the dust today. It just didnt handle the strain of laundry every week.... So ill take a picture and send it to mish mall as soon as possible. If you could send me the Mish mall address that would be great.

So I still have some time left on my email. Send me an email today and I could shoot a quick reply by tonight. Any questions or whatever you wanna know I can answer. Ill talk to you all soon!!

Love, Elder Hogge

No comments:

Post a Comment