Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Time is Here!!

Hello family and friends!

How are yall doin? Its christmas time!! What a wonderful time of year! I am so grateful for this chance to be here to celebrate the birth of our savior, Jesus Christ. Besides it being the season of giving, Not much has happened here in the past week. Only a little over a week till Im in the field. How Exciting!!!

Willie, thanks for the dear elder. Ill get a letter sent out asap. so no worries :)

Dad, I got my travel plans yesterday. I have a flight on the 2nd of January at 7:30 am from Salt lake to Detroit. ETA at Detroit will be 1:06 pm. I have a layover of about an hour then leave from Detroit at 2:20 pm to New York Laguardia at 4:22 pm. I'll be flying delta. Such an exciting thing to get travel plans! Ive been here for eight weeks and sometimes it has felt like im never getting out of here haha. But Im grateful for the MTC and the experience its brought me. I am also grateful that Hilly could make it home safe. Not everyday that you think you've landed in the wrong city or even state. It'll be weird not heading back home to be with the family on christmas day. I've been reading Jesus the Christ lately. What an amazing book!! I'm on page 286. So I read those chapters a couple weeks ago. Reading that book by Talmage has shed such a new light on the Life and Ministery of our Savior. It has helped me undersand what it might have been like living in the time of Christ. Thank you so much for your commentary on the relationship between Mary and Jesus. I have never really thought about that. This will definitely be a special Christmas for sure. It's weird to think that after this I only have one more Christmas in the field. Love you pops.

Mom, I haven't recieved the package yet. I know thats not what you wanted to hear but I'm sure I'll get it soon :) I hope you all have a marvelous experience at the temple. I really do miss going with you every week. That was a main highlight of my preparation for my mission. Later today, I have the opportunity to clean the Provo Temple! I am so excited to be doing this service and I cant think of a better place to be able to spend my time cleaning :) Thats so cool that you saw Brittany and Bethany at target!! Next time you see Britt be sure to give her a big hug for me :) she's been fantastic with writing me and making me feel appreciated on the mission. Its funny that Judge Nick didnt know I would be serving for two years. I guess it seems very different to people. Please tell him that I am so very excited for this awsome experience and that I know it will bless my life. Also, I know that the Lord is using me to bless the lives of others. Such a beautiful feeling. Tell Nick I say hi and that I invite him to come to church and experience the joy that we get to have on a weekly basis :) I'm so glad that your in contact with the Cahills. Having Hermana Cahill and her companion Hermana Madsen in our district is such a great blessing!!! Elders tend to be 19 year olds sometimes and its awesome having hermanas that bring up the maturity and focus level. They are the reason our district is so in line. Tell Hermana Cahill's mom that she has been a great example to everyone in the district. I will continually have the Nius in my prayers. It must be such a difficult time for them right now. But thats why being apart of the Lord's church is such a blessing. We will never, ever, ever be alone. He knows exactly what we have been through and He wants us to be happy in this life :)

All in all, life is fantastic!! I miss you all so much, and its tough being away from you at this time of year. Its a new experience for sure. But I know that what I'm doing is for the Lord and that He will use me to bring others unto him. For this I am so grateful!!! Remember to have a heart of giving, just as our Savior did. I know that He lived on this earth for us and that He loves us all so dearly!! Likewise, I love all of you so much!! Have a fantastic Navidad, and I'll talk to ya soon :)

Love, Elder Hogge

No comments:

Post a Comment