Thursday, November 22, 2012

Transfer - August 6, 2012

Hello Family and Friends!


I bet you really wanna know where I am right now. 

Well, I'm in......... deed grateful for the package that I just recently received from Mother. That was such a special treat!! I feel like the west coast just got sent to me where I am currently living. And where I am living is... in great shape! We cleaned up a bit last night so that we could live in a greater abundance of the spirit. Now that I have moved to this area of......... course we will be working so very hard. I'm so excited for this transfer!!

Bushwick is exactly what I remember it to be. Its kinda weird tho because I'm serving in a different part of this branch. I was born into the area of Greenpoint and Williamsburg. After a three month stay in the island, the Lord has seen it fit to return me to the branch of Bushwick. Except this time I'm going to be working Bedford-Stuyvesent, East New York, and Brownsville. Cool, huh? We get to serve in some of the most famous projects in the world. I'm super excited! So my new companions (yes thats plural) are Elder Roberts and Elder Holbrook. Yup, I'm in a trio. The reason being that Elder Roberts actually finishes his mission a week from today. You wouldn't be able to tell that he is going home so soon. He's such a hard worker and is so focused on bringing others to Christ. Elder Holbrook and I were actually padmates for the last three months in Riverhead so we got to know each other very well. Its really weird/cool that we are companions now. Elder Roberts is from Utah (West Jordan) and Elder Holbrook is from Oregon (Portland area). They have great support from back home. So now ya know. I certainly was not expecting this at all.

As for investigators, we are going to be working with a lot of cool people. I dont have very much to say, but that we are doing all we can to find new people. Fearlessing here is soooooo much fun. Theres a lot of black people in the area that we work. Sometimes we will get the occasional "Yo whaddup brudda?" and a fist bump. A lot of people recognize us as servants of the Lord. Makes it a lot easier to talk to them. I'm happy to say that I can see an improvement since when I first arrived in the field. I remember when I was scared to death to talk to random brooklynites on the street. Now, its become much more of an enjoyable activity. I feel my spanish has improved as well. I recall first hearing Dominican spanish and just have a feeling of dread overwhelm me. Well, they're still hard to understand, but I've gotten much better at pretending to understand everything and keeping the conversation going. I reckon that over time my spanish will steadily improve and become a true strength of mine. 

So thats the update! I'm so stoked to be here. I know the Lord is just waiting to pour out his blessings upon the people here in Bushwick. Please pray for us here. We need all the help we can get to bring others unto Him. I'm trying so hard, but I know I cant do it alone. Thank you for all the support back home. Y'all are the best!

Love, Elder Hogge

P.s. Bradford, get that summer work done! and write me!

P.p.s. Mom I am so excited for my new apron and shirt. One of my padmates has already tried to steal the Mendocino shirt cuz he likes it so much haha

No comments:

Post a Comment