Monday, April 2, 2012

G-Con

Family and Friends,

My what a great week. I was so blessed to be able to watch all the sessions of General Conference. The speakers were great (like always of course) and I very much enjoyed the sessions. What a cool surprise to see Tim all the way in the back row!! When I realized that I just started going crazy. All the missionaries thought I'd gone mad haha. But I was just so excited to see Tim up there singin at General Conference. I'm so proud of him and I know he is going to make an excellent missionary. I'm also very happy to hear that Taylor is doing well. I've been really worried about him. The mission is such a change of life, and having to come back home would be something very difficult indeed. I know that the Lord is watcing over him and that he is only being strengthened right now.

I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures. Hilly, if you could upload them onto facebook that would be great. And yes, that hamper is from Mish mall. I already bought a new one here, but once you head to Utah it'd be nice if you can pick up a new one so you can send it to me once the one I have breaks. (and it will break eventually, I bought it from a Brooklyn bargain store.) I'm so excited for the changes happening in this area of Brooklyn. Some members like it, others aren't big fans. We assimilated three branches into one, which means the former members of the two other branches have to travel farther.... further.... farther? uh.... More far to get to church now. But I know that it will be such a blessing to ALL the members because now we have the blessings of more members together, a stake presidency, high council, and much more.

Transfers went great! It is so weird not being with Elder Lewis anymore. I really love that guy and I know that he is going to continue being a great missionary. My new companion is Elder Warhurst. He is from St. George, Utah, has been out on the mission for a year, and, well.... he is 6'5". Sooooooooo there is kinda a height difference between us haha. But I love him so much already. I've been really focusing on service. There was this one quote that Willie sent me that went somethin like "If you dont love someone yet, you haven't served them enough." Although I already love him, service really does strengthen our companionship. We get along great. He is a really happy, goofy guy. So we really dont have any problems at all. I know this transfer is going to be a blast.

So I have a cool story. Right after the morning session of Sunday General Conference, I met someone. I walked into the foyer of the chapel, and encountered this white guy that I did not know. (that doesnt happen very often here in brooklyn) He looked at my nametag, looked at me, and with widened eyes, he remarked, "You wouldn't happen to be related to Joe Hogge would you?" ....Ok. People always talk about jaw dropping experiences. Always thought that was an exaggeration. Well, my jaw dropped. I asked how in the world he knew my brother!! Turns out his name was Noah Driggs, and Joey is his home teacher at BYU. I could not believe it. Noah was here cuz he was lookin for another missionary he knew and he was on a trip with other byu students for somethin or rather. I gave him a great big hug and told him to transfer it over to Joe next time he sees him.

Craziness, huh? Well, my thirty minutes is just about up. But I want to share my testimony of prophets. I know that Joseph Smith was ordained of God to bring forth the Everlasting Gospel in this era. It is such a blessing to understand that. So many people here dont know or just flat out deny it. I know that with this knowledge, all can and will be blessed. I know that Thomas Spencer Monson is ordained by Christ to lead His church now on the earth. I love this Gospel so much. It has truly blessed my life and I want to help it be a part of blessing others. I love you all so much.

Love, Elder Hogge

No comments:

Post a Comment