Monday, March 26, 2012

Crazy Week!

Family and Friends,

Wow I have so much to talk about this week. Alot happened over the past 7 days. Thats crazy that Elder Craft is back home. I know that the Lord is taking care of him and that all of this happens for a reason. Updates would be lovely. I'm so proud of Elder Chaffin!! Ogden Utah. Wonder how he reacted to that haha.

So, this past week I got sick. Thursday in particular. Woke up at 5 in the mornin with a pretty decent stomach ache so I stumbled over to the bathroom (with no lights on. not an easy task) and threw up eeeeeverything in my system. Needless to say (but I'll say it anyways) I didnt feel to great that day. I figured it musta been food poisoning. Luckily the Lord helped me quickly recover and by Friday I was gettin back into the swing of things. Still not feelin amazing, but the Lord is letting me work. So I'm satisfied :) transfers are on tomorrow!!! I will be staying in Bushwick for at least another transfer. Elder Lewis is getting transfered out. So tomorrow I will have a new companion. So weird to think about. I love Elder Lewis so much and we will always be friends. District conference was yesterday. And ooooooh was it a conference to remember. Bushwick is part of a 5 branch District. Well, was. At conference, they merged the two other spanish branches into bushwick and now our bigger branch is part of the Brooklyn Stake. Such a blessing for these people. I'm really excited to see the blessings that the members will recieve from being in a stake. That was really cool. So now instead of four missionaries in our branch, it will be eight of us!

The brick building that dad found of the marcy stop certainly is the bushwick building! Except, the building is actually like four or five stories tall and our church only takes up half the first floor. We are renting out that section from the Jews haha. And I will get the package before easter cuz we have transfer meetings tomorrow where I can pick up the package. Thank you so much mom! I'm so glad willie got his patriarchal blessing! That will be such a strength to him as he stays righteous to the Lord. On my mission I am seeing many promises from mine play out. It is such a wonderful experience. And willie, I havent gotten your next dear elder yet. But I wait hopefully!

I sent off my sd card, but then a day later I realized I forgot to take pictures of the belt and hamper and put them in the card!! oh man I felt like such a dummy. So I'll just buy them here sometime. Oh and when you return the SD card, please do not delete the pictures off of it. I realized I can put them onto my thumbdrive.

Tonight, we are going to have a family night with a recent convert and his non-member wife, Teresa. I think I've mentioned her before, but I am really excited for this opportunity. We will be teaching the plan of salvation. I know that the Spirit can manifest the truth of what we say to her. I want their family to be together in the church soooo bad. I know how happy they would be. So I really hope this lesson goes well tonight.

My nieces and nephew crack me up! I love those kids sooooo much! I super jealous that jack gets to wear an astronaut helmet!! I'm going to start calling him my little spaceman haha. Sounds like mari is doing wonderful in school!! Alice has always been such a good helper. Its going to be weird coming back to an alice that isnt a toddler anymore. Smiles always brings a smile to my face :) rolling already?? My family is getting so big!!

I love you all so much! Thank you for all your support and love. Gma buck and dad I got your emails. Sorry I didnt have any time to respond but thank you so much. Grandma I didnt realize you had relatives who were already members! that is so cool!

Well, the computer is telling me to log off now. Talk to ya next week!!

Love, Elder Hogge

No comments:

Post a Comment