Monday, March 5, 2012

Safe and Sound

Dearest familiares and amigos,

Yes, it may be a dangerous place, but I love it here in New York!!! Last p-day was so much fun. We had a huge 9 on 9 football game with the zone and some random kids at the park. It was soooooo much fun(especially since I hadnt played since october.) This week went by very well. Even though we didn't teach very many lessons there were some cool experiences.

I'm STOKED to hear that willie is a priest now. What an awesome responsibility. I hope he understands the significance of it. (and he better get a letter out to me soon as well ;p ) Correct me if Im wrong dad, but in the old testament, there was a time when only the Levites could hold this sacred power from God. What a blessing to be able to hold this power from God here in the Latter Days. The more I work in the service of Heavenly Father, the more I realize how much he has trusted me with this priviledge to proclaim the Gospel.

The weather here has been pretty nice. Usually a low of 30 and a high in the 40's. Not exactly the harsh winter I was expecting. But hey, I cant complain. I'm keepin nice and warm so all is well.

This week, we found 5 new investigators. What a blessing from Heavenly Father! One of them is Teresa. She is the wife of a super strong member in the church who was baptized almost a year ago. His name is Elio and he is a stud haha. His wife has just started coming to church and we taught her a bit about the book of mormon over dinner this past wednesday. So with Elio's help, I think we can really help her progress toward Christ. And speaking of progression, Zaida has a baptismal date!!! She is preparing to get baptized on the 18th of March so pleeeeease keep her in your prayers. She has had some difficulties really knowing that the church is the only true church so we assigned her Alma 32. The first thing she said the last time we met with her was "well, I guess I dont hafta know everything. Really is all about faith". And we quickly transitioned that key idea to baptism haha. So I am really excited about that.

Sorry, but time is almost expired. I love you all sooooooooo much and get so happy every time I hear from ya'll :) Remember, the more you dedicate yourself to the Lord, the more he will dedicate His blessings to you.

Love, Elder Hogge

No comments:

Post a Comment