Monday, February 27, 2012

Lost in Brooklyn

Yes that was meant to be a somewhat frightening subject heading. Mwah
ha ha. But I'll get to that part later.

Bienvenidos a mi correo electronico, familia y amigos!!

I will start by answering the Questionnaire mom sent me haha.

What are you doing for your p-day?
Today for p-day is a zone activity. So all 24 of us elders (there are
no sisters in our zone because its too dangerous for them. Our zone,
zone three, has the nickname of the "man zone". yep, we are orgulloso
of it.) are going to go to one of the elders pad in east new york
(most dangerous area in probably the entire east coast) and have lunch
then head out to a park and play sports till p-day ends. Itll be
oodles of fun :D

Who are the other missionaries in your area?
So In the bushwick branch, there are two missionary pools (or areas of
proselyting). My pool is the Bushwick North Spanish pool. Thats me and
elder jeffery lewis. The other pool (bushwick south spanish) is elder
wolfe and elder logan lewis. Yep, two elder lewises in the same
branch. Its entertaining how confused the members get.

Have you thought of anything else you want in your package?
I want beef jerky. it costs like 8$ here. I know I put the dollar sign
on the wrong side but it makes more sense to be there anyways. ummmm
more music is always good... uhh pictures... man I cant think of
anything right now. My mind is totally blanking. Oh! lots and lots of
stamps cuz Im almost out. and.... letters from everyone!! haha

Have you thought of any more recipes you want?
Buscuits and gravy, dutch babies, french toast, chocolate chip
cookies, and whatever else sounds delicious.

Do you have enough p-day clothes?
Yep.

Are you taking your vitamins?
Nope.

Whew ok. So i dont have too much time but i just wanted to share a
quick story. On saturday we went on exchanges. The two elder lewises
were together and I was with elder wolfe. Elder wolfe was just
transfered here and he doesnt know the area very well. But both of us
were in his pool so he had to take the lead. Well, we got on the J
train and I fearlessed this very nice gentleman from puerto rico.
Wasnt super interested but very friendly so we talked for a bit. All
of a sudden, he tells me "your friend just got off the train". As i
had now realized, I totally missed the stop and Elder wolfe thought i
was saying goodbye to the man so he just got off assuming that I was
right in step. Well, I wasnt. As the doors closed again, I realized
that I was headed off to a different part of town while my companion
for the day was back at the last station. Yep, I was flyin solo. Such
a weird feeling. And each companionship has only one cell phone so I
couldnt just call him. Quite the situation eh? So the train took me to
the next stop, I quickly hopped off and ran over to the other side of
the platform to get my hiney back to my companion. I wanted to call
him, so I asked this very tall, very scary guy if I could use his
cellular device. (he was the only one on the platform) Turns out he
was a super nice fellow and gladly let me borrow it so that I could
conseguir my companion. I called elder wolfe's phone, and he was
already on a rescue mission headed toward my stop. So after a few
minutes of chatting with this nice, tall, scary looking fellow (who
was actually from Italy. he came over to america because he got super
good at filming skaters and was able to use the same technique to film
other stuff here) elder wolfe and I were reunited at last.

So, all is well here in bushwick. The past week was kinda rough (about
10 appointments fell through) but I know the Lord is on my side. Cant
lose with those odds :) Elder lewis and I hope to be able to teach
some good people and maybe even get a baptismal commit. Satan is
workin so hard on these people here in new york. I know how much joy
they can feel when they encounter the truth. Have a happy week
everyone!! (especially the birthday twins, sarah and willie) Hear from
you all soon!

Love, Elder Hogge

P.s. can I get tyler christensens info? i wanna be able to write him a
letter. THanks! oh and to mish mall too.

No comments:

Post a Comment