Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Day Late

Hello Family and Friends!

How ya'll doin? Life is great here in Bushwick. Time to answer all the Q's from mom haha.

The reason I'm short on time is because how the libraries work here, once you sign in to a computer, you only get thirty minutes till it logs you out. And usually there is a line for computers so I try to get it all done within the thirty minutes. Sometimes there aren't many people at the library so I'll go another half hour but usually isn't the case.

As for Angel, I really dont know whats been going on with him. We haven't seen him in so long. I'm not sure if he's avoiding us or what, but he has basically dropped off the face of the earth. I'm very concerned for him.

We met with Maria Peralta (lady I met on the train) and her family on sunday. She made us Mongu. A super delicious Dominican dish. Its basically mashed potatoes but with plantains instead. We are going to visit them tomorrow. She has a son that passed away five years ago when he was seventeen. We really hope to apply the Plan of Salvation in their lives.

That talk 'To turn the hearts" by Elder Bednar sounds familiar, but I dont remember If I've seen it or not.

I was going to try to get a replacement laundry hamper and belt because they've both bit the dust. But from what you say, I think I'll just buy replacements here.

I certainly do have pictures to send, but I'd only be able to send them by sending the SD card. I'll try to get that done soon.

Mom, thanks for sending the package. I still havent headed over to the mission office. I might not get it until transfer meetings (26th or 27th of march). But i'm very much excited :)

Yesterday for pday we went to the first counselor's apartment and had lunch with them. That was really good. And we went over to the other elders' pad and played uno, monopoly, and sorry. OH! and i learned how to make really simple, really yummy donuts. What you need is pillsbury biscuit dough, oil, and powdered sugar. All ya gotta do is separate the biscuits, put a hole in each one, fry them, and then put em in a paper bag with powdered sugar and shake it up. Super simple but soooooo good.

This past week was pretty normal here. Nothin too crazy or exciting happened. Later tonight we are heading over to the church so that Zaida can get her baptismal interview. I'm so excited for her!!! Its been truly amazing seeing her progression over the past two and a half months. Its such a cool feeling being a part of someone else's conversion. I am really excited to be able to feel this type of joy throughout my mission. Please pray for her. Nothing is for certain and the adversary knows how important these things are to God's children so he will do everything in his power to stop them.

Well, its about time to wrap it up. But all is well here. Thank you so much for all your support. The mission is in no way, shape, or form easy, but its soooo rewarding. i love you all so very much!!

Love, Elder Hogge

No comments:

Post a Comment