Monday, October 22, 2012

Yup, It's Fall

Hey!

So, How are yall doin? This week has been great. Filled with some wonderful experiences.

So, Mom, thanks for the update on Stake Conference. Sounds like it was fantastic! I think church meetings will be much more meaningful to me back home. (Dad, I'm not saying I thought your talks were boring. Its just I think I will like them more! haha) The doctrine of Christ is CRUCIAL to missionary work. Thats what we do!! Help people access the wonderful gift that the Savior provided for us. I especially like verse 21 of 2 Nephi 31. There is absolutely no way to be eternally happy if we don't apply the atoning sacrifice in our lives. I appreciate what Dad says about having to be nourished on a daily basis as opposed to weekly. I had an EFY counselor that explained that reading the scriptures is like brushing your teeth. Its not something that you do just one day a week and then the last day put on enough toothpaste to cover the entire week. It just doesnt work like that! I can feel the strengthening effect of studying and applying the scriptures daily. Satan is like the dirty plaque on unbrushed teeth. It looks gross, tastes undesirable, and has a corroding effect. Hooray for spiritual tooth brushing!! As mike wazowski says: "Fight that plaque! Fight that plaque! Scary monsters dont have plaque!" Granted, we aren't scary monsters, but you get what I mean.

So, I have something to confess... I went to the temple again!! Oh man that was heaven. Here's what happened. Our padmate had a recent convert that was going through the temple on Saturday. He and his companion were gonna go but then his companion realized his temple recommend had expired so they had to send in a replacement. It was reeeeally cool because the person going through was actually a member of Riverhead so I got to see her and a lot of other members from the branch. That was sweet! Two weeks in a row! I doubt that I'll get a third week. But that was a heavenly reminder of how happy the temple makes me. I'm definitely going weekly when I once again have the opportunity.

So, Jose didnt come to church :( That was sad. Agency can be a bummer sometimes. BUT it can also be amazing as you soon shall see. Ok here's what happened. Elder Wilk and I arrived at church 30 minutes early. As I was sitting down in the chairs I notice a man walk into the chapel. And he looked very, very familiar. As my mind was racing, I finally realized that is was a Mexican that I had fearlessed on the street three weeks earlier!!!! I'd given him a pass along card with the church's address and he decided to show up! That made me soooo excited! He pertains to other Elders' area in the branch, but nevertheless he decided to come on his own agency. Now those are the type of people that get baptized.

So, Everything is going pretty well right now. Elder Wilk and I are really focusing on the families. We have some good potentials and I hope that the plans that we have come into fruition. We are planning to visit some less actives and new investigators this week so we will see how it goes.

So, I love you all! Thanks for all the support. You all are so dear to my heart. I'll talk to you soon!!

Love, Elder Hogge

No comments:

Post a Comment