Monday, October 8, 2012

WOW! WOW! WOW!

Family and friends,

I almost went CRAZY when I heard the announcement at general conference! Being in a room full of missionaries, there was a thick air of excitement as we realized how much the potential mission force has increased. I realize the biggest change will come at the end of the school year, once people have finished their commitment to school. I am soooooo excited/happy/surprised for the prospect of my dear friends being able to dedicate their lives to the Lord even sooner. To all young folk that bother to read these updates of mine, START PREPARING NOW!! Regarding the opportunity to serve earlier, that also means that you have the opportunity to go through the temple and receive the Melchizedek priesthood sooner as well. Though a mission is a wonderful opportunity, these covenants and ordinances are what will truly prepare you to live with your Heavenly Father. The Lord has seen the dignity and worthiness of our youth, and is blessing us likewise. I am simply astounded that I am able to see and be a part of such a magnificent blessing from the Lord. Its not every day that modern day revelation is this drastic. I hope the young folk of the church have discovered as much enthusiasm as I have for this wonderful blessing on mankind.

Thank you for all the birthday wishes. Those pictures were such a delight! Feeling the loving influence of my family gives me the utmost desire to serve with all my heart, might, mind and strength. Maw and Paw, I got the scripture cases!!! Those are pretty shnazzy. I just couldn't help waiting till my birthday to open them. But don't work, that one wrapped present from your package has sat tranquilly underneath my desk. Seeing as tomorrow is deep clean day, we will be spending a lot of time at the pad cleaning. Which leaves time in between to make some delicious treats. My padmates have elected to make crepes tomorrow morning (score!) but I do believe that our plans for the day will be spent on tracting and visiting people. I really wouldn't have it any other way.

Returning to conference, I do not believe I have taken so many notes in such a short amount of time. I think this was the first time I was actually a little disheartened when conference was over. There were so many amazing talks! I think the one that hit me most was Elder Holland speaking about never turning back. Deciding to become a disciple of Jesus Christ is no game. That talk was only supplemented by Elder Bednar's address on testimony versus conversion. I do believe that the Lord has begun to remove the pavilion from my eyes and has given me even more understanding of what I truly have to change and become. That hit me pretty hard. If I am not changing who I truly am, then I am in no way qualified to dwell with my Father in heaven. That's a daunting task, but luckily the Savior has prepared the way. I wish I could comment on all the talks, but that would just take all day haha.

As far as investigators, we are really working hard. Sergio has been really hard to contact. He works a ton. That seems to be the recurring theme in trying to help people. They decide to put their faith in their own abilities besides putting their trust in the Lord. Agency can really frustrate me sometimes haha. We have been working with a couple other people and we really hope to see progress in them. 

Working with Elder Wilkinson has been fantastic! He is really starting to get into the missionary groove. We are having a blast out here in Ridgewood. I know that the Lord will continue to bless us for our efforts here. I see so many bright rays of hope in this saddened world. I know that the Lord is preparing people to come into His fold. I love you all sooo much! Have a fantastic week!

Love, Elder Hogge

P.s.
Sorry, no pics :( but i promise for next week yes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment