Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Fresco

Hello all,

Sorry for the day late email once again. We got flu shots yesterday so Prez decided to move our P-day to today. It was sad to hear of the passing of Brother Shaffer. He was a truly great man. Even though I didn't know him very well, I know he loved me. I'm so happy for the Plan of Salvation. I guess you could say that this plan is the best Christ-mas present any of us could have ever received.

Mom, I did use the boots. It didnt snow nearly that much last winter as it had in the past, but I hear it will be pretty snowy this year. And I dont think I am in need of anything more as far as winter gear goes. What I had was plenty. I DID get that package from hilly and sarah. Wow that first picture sure surprised me (as well as Elder wilkinson). We have been having so much fun with those toys. The noisy putty gave us sooooo many laughs yesterday, we've been doing a lot of Star Wars mad libs, and the ho ho's were a delicious treat. Thank you sisters!!

Our week went very well. I have definitely seen the hand of the Lord in our work here in Ridgewood. Though Damaris wasnt able to make it to church on Sunday, we still had an investigator there! His name is Sergio. Cool story about him. We were walking down a busy street and this guy just walks up to us and introduces himself. He tells us he is from Puerto Rico and that his wife and children are members there. Then he invited us to come over and talk with him. Since then we have been teaching Sergio. He enjoyed church a lot and wants to come back next sunday. We have talked to him about baptism as well. He said that if he receives an answer that he would be baptized. So we are working really hard with him. On Saturday we had an exchange so Elder Wilkinson ran ridgewood with an other elder from the district as his companion. They found a really cool Dominican family that really enjoyed the message. I'm really excited for that.

The weather here has been pretty nice. I'd say its in the low seventies with a nice breeze. I'm lovin it haha. I dunno when it is supposed to be snowing but I hope its soon. I miss the cold haha. I also miss General Conference. And its comin up soooooon! The longer I've been out on the mission, the more I absolutely love the words of the living prophets. I'm so excited for what it will bring to us this session. One or two new temple announcements is also nice as well :)

Well, I know this letter isnt very long but it is filled with tons of love! I hope you all are doing so well. I miss you and love you!!

Elder Hogge

No comments:

Post a Comment