Tuesday, September 4, 2012

One Week to Transfers

Hi everyone.

Transfers are quickly approaching. I've already been back in Bushwick for almost 6 weeks. Crazy huh? Transfer meeting is next Tuesday. We'll find out on Saturday if either of us are leaving. I wouldn't be surprised if we both stayed because this is both our first transfer here. But I guess we will see what the Lord has in store for us.

Mom and Mindy, thank you for those awesome pictures. My little nieces and nephew are becoming not so little as of late. Even If I cant be there, its great to be able to see their growth.

This week was a quite normal week. Nothing really extreme or out of the ordinary to report. We were able to teach Naylynn the Plan of Salvation last week. It surprised her that instead of heaven and hell, there's actually the different kingdoms. But she was ready and willing to accept it. She's doing well. The only problem is that we haven't been able to contact her for a while. She wasn't able to make it to church. That was a real bummer. Its looking like her baptismal date will have to be pushed back a little while so that we can make sure she is fully committed to all of this. We weren't able to meet with the lady and her son this week. She was busy I guess.

So mom to answer your question, here at this library they rent out laptops for a couple hours. On these laptops they have a little place to put your SD card so thats how I do it. But there's also another way to do it with just a USB port. There's this nifty little thing that you can put your SD card into that then plugs into a USB port. I bought one at best buy for ten dollars I think.  You can put up pictures on any computer with that thing.

Mom thats so cool that you got to talk to Sister Petersen. I'll be sure to talk to Elder Petersen at transfer meeting. I can understand why she may be overwhelmed that she has a son serving here. Sometimes I take a step back and realize that I am serving here too. Really, most people here respect what we do. Just a couple days ago, I walked up to three black guys (obviously from the hood) and just started bearing my testimony on Jesus Christ. After a quick little chat, they wished me a great rest of the night. It is absolutely amazing how many people here believe in Jesus. The only problem is that they dont act on their belief. Most people understand what we do. Countless people tell us "God Bless" as we walk by them. More and more I feel like we are being recognized as servants of the Lord.

The work has been tough lately. Salvation was never easy. But I know that I am out here for a purpose. Thank you all for the support you provide for me. I love you all so very much.

love, Elder Hogge

No comments:

Post a Comment