Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Last Week of the Transfer

Family and friends,
 
Its cool/weird/awesome knowing that this mendocino trip is the last one that I am missing. Boy does time really fly. I hope ya'll people are having fun camping and chilling. (Just a word of caution: do not become over-zealous in attempts to roast the perfect marshmallow or else you may get a meteor-marshmallow to the face hehe).  I cant say that I have ever had over-powering senses of missing home on the mission, but tantalizing thoughts of mendocino can make it quite an experience. But I have decided that its not exactly the place that draws on my emotions, but the people and experiences that are there with me. Good thing families can be together forever! Booya!
 
Things over here on the mission front have been pretty darn normal. There have been a few ups and downs throughout the week, but nothing too extremely out of the ordinary. I feel bad because there isn't a whole lot to talk about this week. Well, I guess one cool thing is that our district of missionaries combined with one other district is going to be putting on a community fireside. We are pretty excited about that. The name of it is "For God so loved the world". It will be about the ministry and life of Jesus Christ. We will have a few musical numbers mixed in with some bible videos and testimonies from church leaders. We hope that there is a great showing there. I know that this could be many peoples first time that they truly feel the spirit. For some odd reason I was selected by the missionaries to do a musical number. I'm working with one of the sister missionaries to make a medley of "There is a Green Hill" and "Our Savior's Love". The fireside is on August 4th and we still havent figured it all out so hopefully it will turn out well haha. Throughout the mission I feel like I have been getting better and better at arranging hymns n stuff. I'm excited to explore this maybe talent of mine. We shall see. I'll let you all know how the fireside went in next email.
 
As far as investigators go, we have been meeting with quite a few people off and on. Its really tough here. We struggle to really find people devoted to progressing. The older I get in the mission, the more blatantly obvious it becomes to me that members really are the key to missionary work. We are going to make a big push to get all the missionaries in our ward to be visiting all the members more frequently. We talked to our district leader about that last night and we truly believe that as we improve our relationship with the members, we can help them see how their relationship with non members will be strengthened through sharing the gospel with them. That will be the big focus going into next transfer.
 
This is the last week of the transfer. Transfer meeting is a week from tomorrow. I find out on Saturday if I am staying in Woodside or out. With only two more transfers after this, if I stay in Woodside, it will almost definitely be till the end of my mission. I have mixed feelings about if I want to leave or not. I think the only reason I would want to leave to a different area for these next two transfers would be to train a new missionary. I would absolutely love to train one more time before ending. And I definitely think that would help me to stay going strong through the end. But it is in the Lord's hands. I really am cool with whatever haha. You all will know next monday :)
 
Thanks for all the support and love. It is felt through the emails, letters, and packages I receive from you all. (this is a shout out to grandma buck for the awesome dear elder package. thanks gramma!!) It sure is comforting knowing how blessed I have truly been. I wouldnt have it any other way.
 
Love, Elder Hogge

No comments:

Post a Comment