Monday, July 1, 2013

Happy Fourth!

Family and Friends,
 
This week has been filled with great experiences. Transfers always bring a much needed, power sense of newness that aids the missionary work. From what I hear good ol' Danny Heaps is back home livin the RM life. Dad you should really figure out that connection with your old companion and my old companion haha. I suppose that you all would like to know about my new companion. His name is Elder Ian Heagren from Copperton, Utah. He has been out ten transfers now and he is a fantastic missionary. We are both energized for the work and I already know that we will see great things here. It just so happens that Elder Heagren was trained by the one and only Elder Heaps haha. Like father like son I guess. But I can already tell that the next few transfers are going to be fantastic.
 
Mom, I got your package! What a wonderful explosion of red, white and blue haha. I, along with many members of my district, truly appreciated all the sweets and snacks you sent. Those peanut butter chocolate covered granola bars are just heaven. I really enjoy receiving those treats :) Turns out Elder Heagren is allergic to peanuts (poor guy) so next package we would really enjoy some peanut free healthy snack that he can stuff in his backpack and eat whenever :)
I also enjoyed your comments on all that happened this sunday. I love the concept of learning by faith. Elder Bednar has a great talk on that concept that really helped enhance my ability to learn and comprehend spiritual knowledge.
 
Today Elder Heagren and I are headed to a department store to buy ourselves some awesome comp unity ties. I'm pretty stoked. Then after that I think we will just chill, rest our selves up to prepare for this upcoming week. This thursday our ward has a fiesta for the fourth of july. We are going to be eating food, playing games, and just having some good ol' fashioned fun. I am really excited. We hope to be able to get some of our investigators over there.
 
Speaking of investigators, the work has been going very well in our area. This week Elder Heagren and I were able to teach a few very solid lessons. We have begun teaching a wonderful man from ecuador named Luis. He is very solid and so prepared for the gospel. He has accepted to start preparing for baptism in July. We will be working closely with him to help him progress toward that date. We have been making good contact with Pedro. He called me last night to inform me that everything is good with his family now! He will not have to move after all. We are really hoping to get in to the home to be able to unite the family for ever. The only reason we have been able to hang on to Pedro is because he has become very close friends with a brother in our ward. They have been talking on almost a daily basis and Brother Arrascue has helped him keep his sights high. In other news, we have begun teaching a young mexican couple named Jelena and Edgar. They are very sweet and open to learning more about Christ and His doctrine. We have an appointment set up with them for wednesday so we are very excited to go back.
 
It really feels like everything is going right. I can testify that a dedication towards obedience pours out amazing blessings! My testimony in this concept has strengthened me so much over these past couple weeks.
 
Thank you for all the support. I have been getting great letters from friends and family that really strengthen me and give me the added push to keep going. I love all of you and I am so proud of the people that have made me who I am. Thank you so much!!
 
Love, Elder Hogge

No comments:

Post a Comment