Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Montauk

Family and friends,

I'm so glad to be able to write all of you today. As you may notice, today is not monday, nor is it P-day. Thats because P-day is tuesday, and today is tuesday. Therefore, P-day is today, and I am writing you today.  Basically we had a Zone conference yesterday so p-day got moved for this week haha.  Oh yeah there was something I wanted to tell mom today... umm.. oh yeah! Happy Pioneer Day Mom!!!... Nah just kiddin. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!! I know that it will be filled with awesomeness. Consider yourself abrazado'd, which in spanish mean hugged! I know that the family will take care of you well :) That was so much fun to hear of the families adventurous vacations. Sounds like mom and dad were all over the place. Oregon, Utah, Montana? Musta been a blast! As for our 4th, we just worked the entire day. Nothin out of the ordinary. I got the picture of Jackjack, Mindy. He is an absolute stud!! Man, he already looks more muscular than I do. Sad news about the Quarry. I liked that place. Maybe we are gonna hafta start going to Kazooloo, er.... Mizzoura, umm... That one town that Joe and Jules live in to frolf haha. Still havent had the opportunity to go yet. There is a course in prospect park, but thats kinda on the other side of the mission. Oh well, it aint a big deal for me. 

Fernando, Karla, and Patrick are doing well. Fernando and Patrick were at church on Sunday, as well as two family friends, Victor and Viviana. That was really cool having four people at church this past week. I got so excited that I almost forgot to start breaking the bread during the sacrament haha. Karla is doing well. Her testimony is slowly but surely growing. Still trying to get work off. We hope to see a lot of progression out of this family. They have become so dear to me. I pray for them every day and night. I really can understand what the sons of Mosiah were feeling when they said they couldnt stand the thought of these people suffering. I just want the absolute best for this family but the darn world and worldly things get in the way. But we know that they are going to receive so many blessings for what they have accomplished. Seeing the change in others really strengthens my own testimony of the Atonement and its true power.  We did some service for Susan this past week. Having all of this stuff go on her life right now has really put a lot of other things on the backburner for her. So Elder Verhagen and I spent a bit of time this week just doin yardwork for her. Her front yard was very overgrown so we just cleaned it up so that it would look nice. I've noticed how happy being in the service of others makes me. Its a happiness that you dont find in many other places. Luckily the branch has stepped in a bit in Susan's situation. Sister Stenquist was able to go over to her house for a bit and just talk to her and get to know her. So the members have started getting involved. That truly is the quickest path to conversion. I know that the Lord is going to help Susan out so much. Speaking of Sister Stenquist: Mom, I'm so glad that you were able to have some correspondence with her. She is an awesome lady. I was so excited for the opportunity to be able to speak a bit in Relief Society to the sisters. I was able to share how you have truly blessed my life and how you were one of the biggest reasons why I went on a mission. I heard an audible "aww" when I  told all of them we were able to go to the temple basically every week before the mission.

Well, I love you all. All is well in the town of Riverhead. I'm loving the mission. Tough, but awesome!! Hope to hear for you all soon :D

Love, Elder Hogge

P.s. We went to Montauk today!! the very end of the south fork on long island. That was very fun. Its the farthest east you can get in the mission.

No comments:

Post a Comment