Monday, May 14, 2012

Updates: The Chronicles of a Hogge on a Mission

Hello family and friends!!

Long time no speak, eh? It was so absolutely wonderful hearing all of your lovely voices. I was so happy yesterday! I still cant believe Hil is reporting to the MTC in three months!! Well ok, I can believe it, but I was so surprised!! She is going to have so much fun... It will be hard, but she will grow so much because of it. I'm so happy that she had the opportunity to go throught the temple. Actually, on the way here, we listened to the song "Mountain of the Lord" in the car (I think thats its name, ya know, the a capella one?). That was the first time I truly focused on the message. It gave me goosebumps haha. Its by far one of my favorite songs now. Hilary is going to grow so much! (maybe not physically, but definitely spiritually!) Sarah, now I do realize that I put exclamation points everywhere. They're just so much fun!!

I'm really glad you all enjoy my letters. I've actually taken a liking to writing them. I think when I know I'm not being graded on writing, it actually becomes fun haha. But I really do try to make them good cuz I know I got some avid readers back home hehe.

Mom I'm so happy to hear the operation went well. You've always been one to find that kind of stuff facinating so it dont surprise me in the least that you are anxious to see the incision. I remember when I went to get the endoscopy done. That was a crazy experience. I vividly remember being in the waiting room and the nurse coming in telling me they were ready to give me the other procedure as well. *Shudder* I'm glad that was all a mix up and I ended up not needing a colonoscopy. And really the only other part I remember is waking up half way throught the endoscopy and watching a poster melt off the wall. I was obviously on something haha. Mom, if you want you can send pictures attatched to your emails every week. I would love to get those kind of updates :D More loom hats would be fantastic. I dont remember what color Elder Warhurst would like but I can ask him this week. But as for me, would it be too much to ask for a bright yellow one for P-days? I just feel like it would be a happy beanie to have haha. Oh yeah... and I just offered Elder Lunt one as well (he said black and dark blue please :) ). I know that your hand aint doin so well so please dont try workin on them until you're comfortable. You da best mom! And pops, thank for always bein so helpful to me. You make my life so easy.

I'm super stoked for this week. As you know, we have some appointments set up. It's very rare that most appointments actually go through cuz people usually have a lot of stuff to do. But I believe we could get in about four new doors this week and that would be amazing. I'll let you know how all that goes in the next edition of "Updates: The Chronicles of a Hogge on a Mission." ( I still gotta work on the title for my emails haha) But this week will be super good. Both Elder Lunt and I are hard workers and thats exactly what this area needs. We hope to go to town (figuratively) on this area. We really hope to meet with Neli and Lucia tomorrow. They seemed very interested and I think this could really go somewhere. We got a couple more people that we can work on.

Oh yeah, I sang at a funeral on Saturday. A sister of one of the members in our branch passed away so the missionaries did a couple musical numbers. It was a pretty somber weekend, but having a knowledge of the truth really brings consolation in times like these.

I just want to tell you all that I absolutely LOVE this area. Riverhead has a special place in my heart already. I gotta work my bottom off here, but it is so rewarding. I love you all so very much. Its hard being away for so long, pero la mision vale la pena. Its worth it. These past six months have been the most growing time of my life. I know that this gospel is true and that it brings us the ultimate happiness from our Father in heaven.

Love, Elder Hogge

P.S. Here are some more pictures of bushwick. First one is of me and Hipolito. He is a really really old member that was baptized fourteen years ago. He's tiny haha. He cant attend church because he has had some severe operations done but we would visit him about once a week and play dominoes with him. The next is of me and Elder Warhurst. He is such a goofy, loving, towering elder. That transfer was so much fun. And then this is the New York skyline from out of a member's window. Cool huh?







No comments:

Post a Comment