Monday, May 21, 2012

Fantastic Finding Frenzy Finally Finished

Family and Friends,

What a week it has been. Elder Lunt and I have been working super hard and we have really seen the blessings of it.

Mom, I got the pictures. Little Jackjack is turnin into quite the stud! Looks like he is absolutely loving life.

Unfortunately, we havent been able to get into contact with Neli and Lucia over the past week. Hispanics work so much out here that sometimes its impossible to get a hold of them. But we will keep trying for sure. We met with the Jehova's Witnesses. They are absolutely not willing to change their beliefs. Its sad how limited their religion keeps them from knowing and understanding the truth but man has his agency. Though they are very nice people, we wont be returning.

Mom, sounds like you've been having fun with your gimpy arm. I'm glad all has been going well. I was hoping for a picture haha. I know that this surgery will really help you out in the long run. Please take your time with the beanies. There is absolutely no rush. I got in contact with Elder Warhurst and he said he wants a bright blue and bright orange one. I think neon would work. He doesnt go home for another year so no rush. As far as mine, I wear it with the brim down. Thank you for being so awesome and doin this :) As far as the package, just send it to the mission office. No worries there.

I'm so excited to hear that Taylor is getting back out there!!! He must be so pumped right now. I know that overcoming this challenge will definitely make him stronger in the mission field. And its so cool that Hil has been able to go to the Temple. What a blessing that is.

Well, like I mentioned, this week was awesome. Our zone has been doing something called a Finding Frenzy. Which means, try to get as many investigators as possible so that there is a wide pool to find people who will progress in the gospel. The mission standard for new investigators a week per companionship is 2-3, so we decided to bump that up to 5 per companionship in the zone. It seemed like like a daunting task, but we had a zone fast and we were all determined to work. This occured for the first two weeks of the transfer, so the past two weeks. The fantastic finding frenzy finally finished (ooh, alliteration) yesterday. The first week, Elder Lunt and I picked up four investigators, which isn't bad at all. But then this week, we really worked our hineys off and we pick up nine new investigators!! Thats more than three times the mission standard and double the zone goal. The Lord abundantly poured His blessings upon us. That has been one of the greatest miracles of the mission for me so far. Granted, we still gotta work hard keep people progressing, but now we have somethin to work with. We went with two investigators when I came to Riverhead, to about 15 people. I know the Lord has something special in store for us here.

So thats the scoop for this week. Pretty cool stuff has been happening here in Riverhead. The Lord is preparing people to hear His word and Elder Lunt and I are ready to harvest. We will see how all of this goes. But I have so much faith in what the Lord is willing to do for us. My spanish is coming along, and I know I am becoming more familiar with His gospel day by day. I love the mission so much and know that it will change my life for forever. I love you all and hope to hear from you soon!!

Love, Elder Hogge

Ill try to get some pics out next week. I was lazy with my picture taking this time around haha

No comments:

Post a Comment