Monday, January 23, 2012

only 18 minutes

Well this is definitely not the mtc anymore haha

Hello family and friends!!

Sheesh I only have 18 minutes to write this email. So many things
change every week. Last week I had an hour and a half to write. this
week not so much. Willie, I got your email and I'll try to shoot out a
letter this week but no promises. Its super crazy here. But thanks for
that awesome email haha

Mom, yes music can be burned. thats totally ok :) and im excited to
hear that hil wants to send me stuff hehe. The branch here is doing
great! there were 53 people at church here this week. (I did the
count) Its definitely been growing over the past little while. There
are some really cool stories but unfortunately I dont have time to
share them :( I dont need an extra pillowcase haha. thank you for
offering tho. and Thank You Thank You THANK YOU for that package
mom!!! That was soooooo good to get from you. I got both the package
and the letter in the middle of last week. All the goodies inside the
package have been awesome. especially the hot chocolate and tim tams
:D I showed elder lewis how to tim tam slam a couple nights ago. it
was so much fun haha. Mom, I usually email from the library every
week. and they put a thirty minute time limit on the computers. then
you hafta go and sign up again and wait until a spot opens up. its not
a very fun process but at least I get to send letters home :) My
companion, elder lewis, is the man!! he is from orem, utah, and has
been out just over a year now. He is super super super obedient and
loves to have fun. I have learned so much from him already and I know
that I am blessed to have him as a companion. His family and friends
are very supportive of him serving a mission.

I am super super super excited for one of our investigators. his name
is Angel. (pronounced anhel cuz its spanish haha) but we have been
working with him and he is super solid. He is only seventeen years
old, but he sees the difference christ has made in his life and he
knows that baptism into His church will dramatically improve his life.
We aren't super set on a date yet, but I know that he will be baptized
soon. This kid is sooooo awesome. he had been drinking coffee all his
life cuz thats what his family did, but once we taught him the word of
wisdom, he stopped and never looked back. he says he doesnt even think
about it anymore. I KNOW the gospel changes lives. Throught the
atonement of our Savior, we can improve our lives and draw closer to
Him. Just being out here a few weeks my testimony of that has
strengthened dramatically. Time is just about up on the computer, but
I love you all so very much and you are in my prayers every night.
hope to hear from you soon!!

Love, Elder Hogge

No comments:

Post a Comment