Monday, January 30, 2012

Not your typical winter

Hey all!

Everything is going well here in Bushwick. The weather is very nice,
its going to be a fun fun p-day (brooklyn bridge then a tour through
the watchtower hehe), and the upcoming week is lookin good.

First off, yes mom, I am plenty warm haha. that super thin blanket
that you got for me from mish mall is surprisingly plenty warm. The
reason I prefer willie to snail mail is so that i can read it all and
send a snail mail back to him. I like how dad does the dear elders.
But you can email cuz you're the one I reply to in my emails. but you
can most definitely send snail mails as well if you like :) I got the
package from hil and the letter from mari :) There really isnt
anything much better than recieving stuff from my family. I hope
willie enjoyed my letter and I plan on gettin letters out to hil,
mari, and joey + jules this week. I havent had any really bad
headaches since that last one a while ago. they are definitely more
rare now a days. And that sure stinks for willie, but he wouldn't be a
Hogge boy without the migraines. I think these headaches are just a
side effect of all that brain function goin on ;p I am so so so so
sooooo proud of tim. He is the MAN!!! Im excited to maybe see some
pictures of him with his little 5'6" friends. I miss my nieces and
nephew so much!!! I would very much like pictures in the next package
if you could manage (oh, and quarters too. laundry costs nine quarters
every week) :) It'd be nice to have a little alice to cheer me up
everytime we get juked. (That means when we set up appointments to
meet with people but they end up not being home. its the pits when
that happens.) And tell all our temple friends I say hello!!! I miss
being able to go every week :(

The mission is going along well. I dont know whats been up with Angel.
Everytime we actually meet with him, he says he wants to get baptized.
But he hasnt been coming to church and doesnt really give us time to
meet with him. a bit frustrating. The spanish is going ok, but I see
so much room for improvement. In the area I am serving, it is
dominated by Puerto Ricans and Dominicans. Which also happen to be the
two fastest speaking spanish nationalities. So comprehension has been
rough. Its really easy to be hard on my self for not being as good at
spanish as I want to be. But I just gotta put my trust In the Lords
hands and go to work. The finding has been rough as well. So many
hispanics are working seven days a week to support their families that
its sometimes impossible to meet with them if they dont take work off.
But I see some really good potential this week. We've got a few people
to look up and teach, so we'll see how that goes.

Well my time has just about expired. Tell everyone that I love them!!!

Love, Elder Hogge

No comments:

Post a Comment