Monday, August 19, 2013

Friemly

Dearest Friemly. (sorry, that was a sore attempt at a friends/family hybrid word....)
 
It sure does not feel like summer here any more. This past week the average was probably about 75 with a nice breeze and occasional rain. Besides the humidity, this was possibly the nicest week in weather I've experienced on the mission. I dont know what it is like back home, but I was loving it here. Seems like fall has jumped the gun and taken a head start. Not that I am opposed to that at all...
 
Mom I really liked your comments on obedience. I really appreciate the quiet but enduring example of Hyrum Smith. Seems like he was always in the background of church history but was an unshakeable demonstration of faith and obedience.
Stephanie must've seen Elder Ah Quin at the temple. He has been one of my closest friends on the mission. I'll have to mention that to him.
How was the meteor shower? One of the downsides of serving in the city is that looking up into the night sky, there are practically zero stars. I think one time I saw one, but it might've been a plane haha just kiddin...
 
We are really anxious for the rest of this month in missionary work. Elder Heagren and I have been working very diligently to get the members on board. And it is working!! Right now, we have six different families that we are workign with. Each of them has commited to a day by the end of this month to invite us and non member friends or family over for FHE's.  The members here are really grabbing on to the work of salvation. Yesterday morning we had ward counsel. The bishop has left a standing invitation for us to come each month and participate. We followed up on the 20 names the counsel came up with to start working with within the ward. Members have gone to these homes and invited them to participate in the missionary lessons. Hopefully soon we will be able to go teach these less actives and non members. Members truly are the key.
 
I am excited for this transfer. Everything is headed up hill. The members are becoming a force to be reckoned with in the work. I expect to see many great things come of this in the rest of my time here.
 
Thank you all for your support. I love you and hope that all is well.
 
Love, Elder Hogge

No comments:

Post a Comment