Monday, June 17, 2013

Technology

Dearest family and friends,
 
Sounds like a bunch of fun stuff is going on back home. I was excited to get those pictures from mom on father's day. Looks like you all are having a blast back home! I cannot believe how big the new generation of cousins is getting! When I left they could hardly speak or walk and now it looks like the have their own social club haha.
 
Mom thats really cool to hear about your lesson. Technology sure is a great blessing, when used the right way. there is a companionship of sisters in our zone that covers the Queens YSA branch. They have their own facebook and use it to share cool stuff with others. I'm not sure if I have mentioned this, but word on the street is that our mission will be getting iPads in the next few months. The way it was explained to us, the iPads will be used to store all the info we create for our investigators, it will have all the pamphlets in digital form, and it will provide us with really cool videos to show people we teach. Technological advancement is very exciting when used in the Lord's favor.
 
I got an email from Brittany about her mission call. That is super exciting! Knowing what kind of person she is, I'm certain that she will be a fantastic missionary.
 
Sounds like you all heard about the special broadcast too. Elder Koelliker mentioned it when he was here so it has kind of been the talk of the mission for a while. I am pumped to hear what he will speak about. It can only be good for the Work.
 
I'm glad to hear Neal is doing well. I have been praying and fasting that he will be able to keep going strong. The mission is definitely the hardest thing I have ever done. It was never meant to be easy. But looking back I can see how much I have been changed and I wouldn't have it any other way.
 
As for the field, everything is well here. It has been kind of slow though. It has been really hard to meet with Pedro. He's had a lot of work on his hands and he is going through some pretty serious family problems. But the ward is well aware of him and they are all ready to help out. Woodside has been just spectacular as a unit. They've shown the most support I have seen here in New York. I feel so blessed to be working side by side with them. Our newly called ward mission leader is awesome and fired up about the work. They are making plans for how to more effectively fulfill their role as the finders in the work. I am excited to see the results.
 
This is the last week of the transfer. Elder Heaps heads home next week. It has been really cool to work with him. I hope his transition back to normal life in Cedar City goes well.
 
I love you all. The more I hear from back home, the more happy I become. But that doesn't detract from the effort I put into the work here. The thing that motivates me most is hearing about how my family and friends back home are involved in serving the lord through serving others. It is fantastic! Have a great week!
 
Love, Elder Hogge

No comments:

Post a Comment