Saturday, November 12, 2011

I Made It

Week one, done!!

Not nearly as hard as I thought it would be. But dont get me wrong, Its hard. I just read your email Mindy. Thank you so much for the support and I am SOOO excited that you guys get to move into your new home soon. :) Be sure to send lotsa pictures of lil jak jak. I sure miss that kid.

The Spanish language is going well. Line upon line, precept upon precept. Its not going to come all at once but I KNOW that with the Spirit and the Lord's help, I can do anything He wants me to do. I LOVE my teachers. Hermano Lucero and Hermano Harker. I feel such a great spirit when they teach. I think I'm starting to get the hang of this MTC deal. A new district came in on wednesday and it was really cool being able to help them out and give em little hints and tricks for making your time at the MTC more valuable.

Willie is the MAN! I really wish I could have been at Cumorah and seen him and Bubs perform. I'm stoked that willie is doing so well in spanish. I fully expect to be able to have conversations with him in spanish by the time i get back. im just going to stop capitalizing my letters because this shift key is being mean to me. anyways im sorry that he feels so alone at home with no one to watch evening stuff with. i definitely miss that greatly. life is sure different without netflix a remote away haha. but time is a strange thing here at the mtc. the days have been going by very slow but the week just zoomed by. the Lord really knows what he's doing. its getting so much easier just jumping in bed and falling asleep. i had so much trouble with that back home but here i have a chronic exhaustion. but its good cuz i know that its for an amazing purpose. though waking up at 6:30 is in no way shape or form easy. im just getting used to feeling sleepy all the time.

Im soooo excited for the new baby that will soon be in the family :) im glad to hear that sarah is doing well and that she will be able to have giant costco muffins after rogue enters the world. i dont remember when the freezer stocking party was going to be, but hopefully it will be a success! i miss my nieces so much. make sure that mari and alice know how much i miss them and that i know that they are such great little girls.

Dad thanks for the dear elder. its great to hear from you and i'll take all the advice i can get. i sincerely hope that all is well in the elk grove stake. tell president williams and president taylor that they have been such a great example to me and that i am glad i can have them not only as leaders but as friends. i'll have you know that i've built up a little reputation as being a decent volleyball player. gym time is waaay fun. its definitely a very fun point in my day. last night my entire zone went out to the missionary fields for gym time and played futbol (soccer for all you americans). i have never been a futbol player, but with all my zone it was fantastically fun!! i actually made some pretty cool plays haha. Father, thank you for the example you set for me. because of you i know that this mtc experience has been much easier than what it might have been. i just feel so prepared here.

Mother, dont think i could forget about you. thank you for the addresses!!! when i find time i will send those thank you letters. time is a very valuable thing here at the mtc. i just cant get enough of it here. so there are a few things that i would like from home in the next package you send. ive noticed that on p-days i dont really have good shoes to just walk around in so if you could send my grey plaid airwalks that would be fantastico. also, any pictures of the family and friends would just make my day. :) i know you were planning on doing that album and i wasnt sure when you were gonna send it but having that here would just make my life. also, if you could send my green and blue beanie that would be great. i didnt think i could miss a certain piece of headware so much. anyways, enough of the asking... thank you for being such an amazing influence to me mother :) i know it must be hard for you to have your child so far away and not a phonecall away. but i KNOW that you love me and that always makes me happy here. i miss your hugs, your food, and your loves but i know that this is where the Lord wants me to be and I wouldnt have it any other way. love you mom :D

well i only have a couple minutes left before i get off. i bear my testimony that this gospel of Jesus Christ will make everyone happy who wants to take it into their life. everyday my testimony on the Spirit is strengthened. i know that i cant do anything without it. i can teach and teach all i want but its not me who manifests the truth of the gospel, its the Holy Ghost. i know that God lives and that Jesus Christ is our brother and our Savior. we are NEVER alone. because of Him, everyone can be happy. I love you all and pray for you all every single day. May the Lord keep you and bless you.

love,
elder hogge :)

No comments:

Post a Comment